Western Red Cedar (Thuja) – Canadian Debark Grub Hole Control Program
CFIA Directive D-07-02
- This CFIA directive is a phytosanitary requirement for untreated Western Red Cedar products exporting to countries within the European Union.
- Cedar exported under this program must be free of bark and holes produced by Monochamus Beetles.
- As a third party industry inspector, CMSA will work with participating members to support their facility as they meet requirements of the program by performing monthly audits.
- Audits include document reviews and lumber inspections.
- CMSA will work quickly to train new facilities who wish to register in the program.
For details about this program review the CFIA directive D-07-02